1. Placing your dry salt plate on a stovetop or outdoor grill, then slowly raise the temperature.
2. Heating the salt plate too quickly can cause it to crack.
3. Checking the Plate’s cooking temperature by sprinkling a few drops of water on it to see if they immediately evaporate.
4. Placing your thin cuts of meat, seafood, vegetables, or other foods on the salt Plate to getunexpected flavor due to its mineral content.
5. Allowing the salt block to cool completely before cleaning and , then use a damp sponge or washcloth to wipe it clean. Don’t submerge your block in water.
6. Allowing it to dry completely before storing it in a cool, dry place.